Friday, October 16, 2009

Dead Wipers

This morning I turned Lucy’s wiper switch and was met with nothing. This switch has been in the process of failing for a few weeks now. I’ve been able to coerce it into functioning by turning it to high and then back to low, but this time no dice. Had to drive the Suburban to work.

After a couple weeks of trolling Craigslist for welding accoutrements, I gave up and went to Harbor Freight on my lunch hour. I picked up a self-darkening helmet, welding gloves, and three hi-powered magnets that will be used to the hold the patches in place while welding. I decided to pass on their $80 empty 20 cubic foot Argon cylinder when a phone call to the nearby Airgas store revealed their price of $120 for a 40 cubic footer. The downside is they’re out of stock until Monday. Lucy’s front valence will have to wait a little longer before the rust is gone and nice, new metal has filled in the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment