Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I’m Tired

Actually, the fleet is tired because they got some new tires – get it? The other day I noticed Glinda's right rear tire was low on air. Sadly, we didn't catch it in time and the shoulders were very worn, so a replacement was necessary. Those in the know realize the rarity of stock-size tires (185/80-13) for Corvair, and it usually takes some serious hunting to locate any. I occasionally do a search on Craigslist for 13" tires and fortuitously an ad popped up early this week for just the tire I was looking for. Yesterday, I went to a used tire shop that had three that had never been on a car. Now they were all a few years old, but had been stored indoors, so there was no cracking. I bought all three plus another in the same size that had some miles on it. I paid $50 for all four and that included mounting. Such a deal! When I told the lovely Loriann, she asked me why, at that price, I didn't just buy all he had. I'll be going back in the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts and blogs! Tired, yep, I get it. The challenge of finding the right size 13's is sure there! I'm picking up a Lakewood wagon next week and I think it needs wide whites, gulp....preparing to make that investment!

    ReplyDelete