Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lucy's Fixed Fuel Issue

Yesterday evening I bundled up to face the cold and then went out to get Lucy running again. Just to rule out something easy, I cranked the engine with the coil wire’s end off to make sure I had spark. It sparked nicely, so it must be fuel. I unscrewed the fuel line at the left carburetor and cranked the engine again with the coil wire disconnected. While I should have seen pretty healthy squirts of fuel with each engine revolution, all I got was repeated dribbles. I swapped fuel pumps with the one I’d recently removed from Ringo’s engine, and retested. Nice gushes of gas just like it was supposed to. All’s good-to-go and she drove fine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment