Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Lucy's Got Her Brakes Back
Last night I ran the longer, correct brake line and attached its ends. After making sure the reservoir was topped off with Synthetic Dot 3 brake fluid, I pumped and I pumped and I pumped and I pumped some more. Finally, after what seemed like hundreds of brake pedal actuations, I got fluid to come out the bleeder hose. With the brake work done, I reinstalled the gas tank only needing one new j-hook and connected the fuel lines and sender wires without issue (TYL). Then I reinstalled the swaybar, but did not tighten the bolts since I remembered the weight of the vehicle needs to on the front wheels to prevent undue twisting of the bushings once the suspension settles under load. That means tonight I’ll double-check the brakes to ensure I’ve got a good pedal and no leaks, put the front wheels back on and lower the front back onto the ramps, tighten the swaybar hardware, and roll Lucy out of the garage and back onto the road. Wish me luck.