Monday, February 22, 2010

CPotD #49 (Interior Inspiration)


As I mentioned in my previous post, the past weekend was filled with car work. A big portion of the two days was spent working with my buddy, Bill, on his ’64 Tempest. Now I’m really inspired. Unfortunately for the fleet, my motivation is not to spend hours wrenching on Corvairs. What I’m really inspired to do is drive my ’65 LeMans convertible out of its storage lean-to and into the garage forsaking all other cars. Lucky for Lucy, Glinda, and PartsCar, there’s still a foot of snow on the back lawn so the LeMans isn’t going anywhere.

To re-focus my inspiration, I found a photo of a restored ’67 Monza interior and I’m making it today’s CPotD. One of the nicer surprises that came with PartsCar were the bucket seats. I like the slimmer, tapering look that started with ’67 over the squarer, blocky seat backs of previous years.

An option in ’67 was headrests. This picture shows them installed on another ’67. While I think the seats look cleaner without the headrests, they sure would be a nice safety addition. I imagine they’d be quite difficult to hunt down.

No comments:

Post a Comment