Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CPotD #51 (Nice Price, Not Crack Pipe)


One of the blog sites I peruse runs a fun, frequent feature called, “Nice Price or Crack Pipe.” The premise is to post pictures and the history of a vehicle currently for sale on the web (typically eBay or Craigslist), and then poll readers as to whether the price is reasonable (Nice Price) or outrageous (Crack Pipe). One day they made the ’64 Spyder convertible shown in today’s CPotD the subject of their feature. The eBay Buy-It-Now price was $14,000 – a lot of money for a Corvair in my opinion. The blogger did a fairly good job relating the design and history of Corvairs until he got to writing about the infamous Ralph (“the Mouth”) Nader. Here’s the link, so I’ll let you judge for yourself.

Bottom line is that 75% of the voters felt fourteen grand was a Nice Price. I was surprised, and NO, I didn’t vote more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment