After Wednesday’s evening of successes, last night was not so productive. I went to put the rear brakes together the now-dry backing and I discovered that, when going from manual adjusting to self-adjusting, GM changed the backing plate removing a big chunk of metal that spaced the outer face of the plate from the differential. The self-adjusting setup uses a separate spacer. I went through my shelves of GUP and could only find one spacer. I placed my order this morning with Jeff at the Corvair Ranch for a used replacement, but I now have to wait for delivery.
Meanwhile, a quick inspection of the rear wheel cylinders made me decide to also order two rebuild kits from the Ranch as well. If I’m to do it, it may as well be right.