Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pulling The Trigger


Given these politically correct times, the title will probably offend someone (don’t care).

It’s not the best time for me to spend money on Corvairs – we’re in the process of buying a second home and the lender is watching our accounts pretty closely - but I can’t wait until we’re through closing to start trackifying Glinda (hence the uptick in her sidebar dollar figure). Corvair Underground happened to be having a sale on their front suspension components that lasts only through the end of the month, so I just had to place an order with them for new urethane (stiffer) control arm and strut rod bushings. Also, an article in an online CORSA club newsletter inspired me to find a great deal on an Equus tachometer that I’ll be installing in the empty bucket in the middle of her dash (where a clock could have gone). Previously, I’d bought the materials to reinstall her backlight. Part of this project will be un-denting the stainless window surround that I wounded while trying to install it a month or so ago. It was that futile effort that caused me to order the adhesive and primer.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I will not have enough time or money to convert Glinda to a 4-speed car. The day at the track will be interesting, as will the national convention’s autocross competition. Not that I hold any hope of winning my class this year, but I can take solace in the fact that one of last year’s winners drove a Powerglide equipped LM.

No comments:

Post a Comment