Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Washer Arrived

With the last piece to the puzzle that is Glinda’s front suspension finally in hand, I could commence completing the last step in getting her back on the ground. After a nice dinner, I opened the garage door and went to work. Assembling the driver’s side control arms, spindle, spring, stabilizing rod, steering arm, and swaybar went fairly easily. The hardest task was getting the swaybar with its new bushings into place. Next was to clean and soak the tie-rod adjuster threads – both bolts and sleeve. Hopefully, they’ll be able to move tonight – they'd better or I’m up a creek. In hindsight I should have made sure I could loosen them before I even started tearing down the front suspension. Oh well, live and learn.

The new seat brackets and the exposed metal on Glinda’s underside got a coat of black paint. The last, long task of the day was finishing routing the wires and oil pressure tube into the engine compartment. I got the final screw that holds the front tunnel cover torqued in around 12:30 AM.

I’ve been praying off and on all day that I’m able to get the final tie-rod adjuster loose tonight. I’ll let y’all know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment