Monday, March 5, 2012

I’ve Got Air Again


Saturday I stopped by home of a friend who’s moving to Chicago and doing some serious downsizing. While he’s keeping his beautiful LaSalle and Buick, he’s parting with most of his larger tools. I got a nice deal on the 25 gallon 2HP compressor pictured above and some air tools (1/2 impact wrench, 3/8 ratchet wrench, air hammer with numerous attachments) and fittings. Frank had the motor wired up for 230V, but my outlets in the garage are 115V, so on my way home, I stopped by Home Depot and bought a larger gauge cord and plug. After a half-hour of wiring work, I gathered a fire extinguisher and plugged it in. No sparks and the nice thump, thump, thump of a well-running compressor. It is MUCH quieter than the one stolen.

Wanting to ensure my purchase will be with me for a good, long while, I then finished the installation of the motion sensing light over the garage door. Between that deterrent and the locks I’ve placed on the doors and the boards in the windows I should not be a target for burglars again.

No comments:

Post a Comment