Friday, May 28, 2010

CPotD #108 (Not Gonna’ Quit My Day Job)


During my walk of the field at the Corvair Ranch’s Open House last weekend, I called Loriann and told her I was trying to take artsy photos instead of just recording the day’s events. I have it in my silly little head that I can actually do that. Today’s CPotD is one of those shots.

A few years ago, I attended the convention of the national Pontiac club. It drizzled for most of the day so each show car’s waxed, horizontal surface was covered in water drops. I took a bunch of photos that day many of them relatively close up and posted them on Flickr. I received a few positive comments causing my head to swell with silly dreams. I’ve envied those skilled photographers who are able to elicit an emotion from their work. Those that actually get paid well for their art are even more fortunate. Could I become one of those fortunate few? Nah, I’m not going to quit my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment