Friday, May 28, 2010

Ringo’s Latest Results

Ariel shared with me a concern about Ringo’s brakes the other night, so we immediately went out for a test drive. After a number of heavy stops, we noticed the call pulled to the right and made a sound like a spring groaning or rubbing. With him back in the garage, I jacked up the left front and found that brake was rubbing pretty heavily. With the hub off, I verified that all looked good inside and gave the adjusting wheel a turn to “loosen” the shoes. I reinstalled the hub and wheel and moved to the right rear. I jacked up that corner, removed the wheel and hub and tightened this adjuster. Put everything back together and called it a day.

Yesterday Ariel drove him around town and said there’s now no pulling or untoward noises. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment