Thursday, September 2, 2010

Whittling on Glinda’s List


Last night I had to get dirty investigating a clunk in the lovely Loriann’s daily-driver. BTW, Loriann is the lovely one, NOT the car. After diagnosing a loose tie-rod end, I figured since I was already dirty I may as well work on Glinda. I decided to tackle one of the non-Bondo repairs on Glinda’s to-do list. The easiest one was replacing the two fuel hoses. With the one clamp loosened and the end of the return line hose slid off its mating tube, I rolled the jack into position and lifted the left rear of the car into the air. After pulling the wheel off, the rest of the clamps came loose and the hoses pulled off without difficulty. I had the right sized hose for the supply line, but since this is the first Corvair I’ve worked on with a fuel return line, I didn’t have any 3/16 diameter hose. I don’t like leaving a project unfinished, but it was too late to run to the FLAPS (see sidebar).

No comments:

Post a Comment