Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Layer Down, Two More To Go

Nearly a week has passed since my last blog. Things got very busy at work and at home, but I’ve got a few minutes to peck out an update on Glinda.

With more tape and paper, Victoria finished off the masking last Friday. Saturday morning I did some garage rearranging and tarp spreading to try and prevent primer from undesirably coating. While I was doing that Victoria was making one more round wiping down all the exposed sheetmetal and bondo to ensure good primer adhesion. After making sure all the compressed air lines were drained and the valves subsequently closed, I filled up the tub of my compressed air cooling apparatus (CACA) with cold water and donned my painting apparel (jeans, long sleeve shirt, vinyl gloves, balaclava, and respirator). I decided to use my smaller paint gun since the largest area I was spraying was only a foot or so wide. I had roughly a pint of primer and the same of catalyst left from the Heidi adventure, and I used all of it to get two good coats applied on Glinda.

Sunday I pulled all the masking off except for around the windshield. I wanted to leave that on to protect the surfaces when we apply the black, goopy sealer into the groove. Victoria joined me at that point so I put her to work cleaning and polishing the window trim. I installed the replacement clips and then set to work cleaning carburetors. The issue I hoped to alleviate was the lack of squirting when the throttle was blipped. After disassembling most of the base, I blew out all the passages and then tested the accelerator pumping ability. It was nice to see a stream of liquid shoot out. Once I got that carb reassembled and installed, it was time to knock off for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment