Monday, July 11, 2011

A Hard-Workin’ Weekend

House work and other vehicle issues prevented me from getting into the garage until yesterday afternoon, but I did make good use of the time afforded me. I got all the cylinders/pistons assembled to the block/crankshaft and one of the heads rebuilt and installed with nuts torqued. The head rebuild included lapping the valves to the seats, grinding the combustion chamber to remove the extra bump, and clearing the fin gaps of aluminum casting flash.

More vehicle issues to address caused me to know off before I got the other head. Hopefully tonight’s time in the garage will result in that getting done and some pictures taken. First, though, Lucy desperately needs an oil and filter change and a lube job.

No comments:

Post a Comment