Thursday, December 5, 2013

Here We Go Again


I love all my daughters, I truly do, but I do not like getting phone calls from the one driving a Corvair. It’s NEVER good news. Just a couple days ago I made the HUGE mistake of mentioning that Ringo was behaving himself. This morning he made me pay for that mistake by crapping out on Ariel during her drive to work. The ensuing phone conversation included the words, “chugging, backfire, sounds bad, gas smells.” This after she tried to clear out carburetors. I told her I’d be there with the tow vehicle when she gets off work this evening. Not sure what it could be, but I’m dreading the worst – another cylinder down the drain. It just occurred to me it could be a blown sparkplug. Hmm. That wouldn’t be too difficult to repair. Not really worth diagnosing a problem with only six words to go by though.

I guess it’s a good thing I picked up a rebuildable carburetor from Rich’s son, Vince, last night. After getting home I tore it down and it’s now soaking in carb cleaner. Once I determine the extent of Ringo’s issue(s), I’ll decide whether to fix him or work to try and get the new carb working on Glinda for Ariel to drive.

Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment