Friday, October 23, 2009

Everything Checks Out

I checked for a battery draining short last night using a broken, yet electrically functional, taillight assy. By disconnecting the negative cable from the battery and inserting the taillight bulb in series, I could see if any device or a short was drawing current with the key off. The light stayed dark, so everything is off and there are no shorts. I turned the ignition key to ON and the lightbulb went off. All’s good. Oh wait. The dome light was still off. A slight turn of the headlight switch knob and on popped the light. Guess I bumped it when I messing about the night before.

Yesterday I placed an order with the Corvair Ranch for a new pressure switch to replace the leaking one in Lucy's engine. Also on the shopping list was rebuild kits for the front and rear brakes of Victoria's car, Glinda. That's the next get-Glinda-on-the-road project she and I will undertake.

On the welding front, I was all set to start using my MIG welder, but I decided to buy a different welding helmet. The one I'd bought at Harbor Freight is auto-darkening, but I read about a chin-activated helmet. I feel this type will be safer for my eyes because I'll control when the tinted lens comes down, not depending on electronics to darken the lens. I jumped online and bought one on eBay. Hopefully, it'll arrive this weekend so I can start making sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment