Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Freeing Up Some Storage Space

With my branching out into the new world of Late Model (LM) Corvairs (1965-1969), I now find myself needing more shelf space in the garage. Last weekend I filled a wheelbarrow with parts that I don’t think I’ll ever need. I took a few photos and posted a “free parts” thread on the CorvairCenter Forum. I’ve already had four guys respond. I’m glad these parts will get used instead of dumped.

The free space was quickly filled with the ’64 differential I bought a while ago and the parts that came with Glinda that have been filling her trunk. There’s still room for more. One of the cool things about putting away Glinda parts is finding all the new and nice, used stuff that came with the car. A lot of these parts will find their way onto Betty since Glinda is already pretty complete. I’d started a list of all the spare parts I’ve gathered, but it’s tough to keep up-to-date. A lot of the new parts are still in their Clark’s packaging marked with Clark’s numbers. I’ll need to add them to the spreadsheet and add the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment