Friday, October 30, 2009

Will I Get Any Car-Time This Weekend?

The last few weekends have been pretty jammed up with family and house stuff. I really wanted to get Victoria out to the garage to work on Glinda, but that hasn’t happened. There’s a lengthy list of Lucy projects in addition to working with V on her car. Top of that list is installing the reworked carburetors that showed up in yesterday’s mail. Then there’s the spare engine project that’s just sitting in the way on the garage floor. I really should determine whether it’s in good enough shape to leave together or if I should just tear it down into pieces that can be shelved.

Also in yesterday’s mail were two 1.5 by 2 inch ABS plastic couplers. They’ll be used to raise the air cleaner to improve (read: smooth out) the airflow into the carburetors. They won’t, unfortunately, just be a slap-on improvement. I’ll need to fashion gasketing at each end out of RTV that prevented from sticking to the carb and air-cleaner metal using wax paper or plastic wrap.

Guess we’ll just wait and see what the weekend brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment