A few times I’ve posted a list of dream cars on some forum; most recently in response to a CorvairCenter thread. Here's my latest list.
1) Cold-weather daily-driver: 1962 Alfa Romeo Sprint Zagato. I need a smaller, closed car with good handling. No radio required since the sound of any Alfa engine is music to a car-lover’s ears.
2) Nice-weather daily-driver: 1965 Pontiac LeMans convertible. I had to include the car I’ve been hauling around the country since the mid-80s. Someday, she’ll get the restoration she deserves.
3) Road-trip: 1972 Maserati Ghibli Spyder. I chose this Italian exotic for a number of reasons. It's Italian. It's a convertible. It's from an era that’s pre-computer. It's not a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
4) Track: 1966 Corsa. The ultimate factory Corvair. I could’ve opted for the Yenko Stinger version, but I’d drive one of those like I was afraid of wrecking it.
5) Towing: 1972 3-door Suburban. My favorite vintage of trucks, and the oddness of only three doors is too cool.
6) Family: 1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta. The fabulous 50s needed representing. Every family needs a wagon. The uniqueness of a 4-door hardtop wagon is irresistible.
Other than the LeMans and possibly the Corsa, I fully expect to go my entire life without ever owning, let alone being behind the wheel of, any of these beauties. Thank goodness I can find happiness and satisfaction in what is really important – faith, family, health, and friends.