Friday, January 6, 2012

Strike Two

Yesterday, I took advantage of Ariel being home for the day and had her take Ringo out for a spin around the neighborhood. Sadly, it didn’t take long before we knew the replacement governor hadn’t fixed the shifting problem. While driving in the dark, we did discover the dash lights were not coming on. I spun the knob and was able to get the dome light to illuminate, but it had no affect on the gauge lighting.

What’s next? Well, I can swap governors with Heidi, I can remove and reinstall the shifter cable (another possible source of shifting issues), or I can push the whole thing off a cliff. Since I know of no cliffs near enough to drive the car to in Low, I guess I will proceed with the easier of the first two choices. Sometime this weekend, I’ll put his left rear up on jackstands and start praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment