Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All That’s Left Is The Grinding

And the priming. And the filling. And the sanding. And the priming again. And the painting.

After Jonathan’s welding of last night, there’s still plenty of work left to do on Heidi before we call the rust repairs complete. In light of a VERY busy schedule over the next five days – business trip, deck to finish, Corvair 50th Anniversary Celebration in Cape May to go to and prepare for – there’s’ no way all those steps are going to be completed by Sunday evening when Brianna and her fiancé need to drive Heidi back to SW VA.

So, I’ve decided to have Brianna and Nich do enough to rustproof what’s there. I’m going to have them prime everything with Rustoleum primer and then topcoat with an off-the-shelf light blue to get the car through the winter. Some day I’ll get the car back in the garage and complete the repairs.

Regarding the welding, I really need to get me one of them nifty MIG welders. While I certainly appreciate Jonathan’s willingness to spend his time and argon (and feed me dinner no less), I’ve got so many body repair projects on tap I can’t bug him all the time. So, a decent new or used MIG welder is on the top of my Christmas list. That and a self-darkening helmet and a bottle of argon gas.


No comments:

Post a Comment