Monday, September 21, 2009

A Big Chunk of the Fleet Has Flown the Coop

With the departure of Ringo to Millersville and Lucy to Radford, my fleet maintenance focus is on Heidi. Replacing the Suburban’s intake manifold gasket took WAY longer than I’d anticipated, so all my great plans for Friday and Sunday (the family spent Saturday at King’s Dominion) were blown out of the water. I wanted to get the patches welded on to Heidi’s body Sunday afternoon, but that was not going to happen since the panels weren’t ready. So a change of plans had to occur. Brianna would take Lucy to Radford for a couple of weeks while I did a proper job of repairing Heidi’s rust.

In preparation for that, a good portion of yesterday afternoon was spent getting Lucy ready for travel. I finished getting the heating system in order by installing the driver’s side heater duct and refitting the lower engine shrouds. Since she had the worn, used tires, I swapped wheels/tires with Heidi so Brianna would be that much safer. When doing this, I noticed the clearance to the inside edges of Heidi’s rear fenders was pretty close with my wider wheels/tires. In fact, when I got in the car this morning and drove away, the nasty sound of rubbing rubber caused me to turn around, park Heidi, and drive the Suburban to work instead. She needs to go into the garage anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment