Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Heidi's Home

Brianna drove Heidi the 300 miles from Radford, VA to Baltimore without incident yesterday. Thank You Lord. She filled the tank on the way and reported that Heidi was getting around 23 mpg.

Brianna and Heidi will be moving to Radford in a couple of weeks, so I really need to deal with the rust issues on the Heidi's body before they're gone. I talked to my Corvair buddy, Jonathan, who recently became welding enabled, and he's willing to help me out with welding in new patches. In preparation for that, I need to cut out the rusted sheetmetal and prep the body by treating around the inside of each opening. Then I need to get patch panels from a vendor and cut them to fit the openings. Jonathan will weld them in for me. Then I get to grind the welds, apply and sand the filler, then prime and paint. All that in two weeks. Gonna' be tight.

Regarding the new (to me) engine. I was in the garage this morning and put the wrench on harmonic balancer bolt and got a few more degrees of revolution. I'll keep working on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment