Saturday, November 28, 2009

CPotD #4 (Wagons Rock)


I have always, strangely enough, loved station wagons. Maybe it was all those rides to church in the way-back of the Gunnink's Mercury Colony Park. At car shows, I find myself lingering the longest at the wagons. Fortunately, for me, GM produced a typical wagon for the Corvair line, albeit for only two years, 1961 and 1962. They also called their Greenbrier (produced from 1961 through 1965) a sportwagon, even though today we'd consider it a mini-van. For 1961, the station wagon model was called a Lakewood, while in 1962 they dropped that moniker and boringly replaced it with Monza Station Wagon. The above picture is courtesy of Gary Aube's fantastic CorvairCorsa website.

At the last Corvair car show we attended, Loriann spied a wagon and told me she thought it was really nice looking. There's an in - maybe the fleet will include a Corvair station wagon one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment