Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is Heidi Bucking for a Change of Ownership?

The following four paragraphs were submissions I made to the Virtual Vairs e-mail list. They are self-explanatory:

Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 9:11 AM
“My daughter's '64 is giving her electrical issues. The other day, the car wouldn't start. She got it jumped and drove it to Advance Auto who tested the battery and claimed it was dead (possible given the age of the battery). They replaced the battery and sent her on her way. This morning she went to start it and the battery's dead again. It was fine for three days of normal driving, but there's obviously something still wrong with it. She told me the GEN/FAN light is only on when she goes to turn the key. It's not on when she's driving. I've told her to get it jumped and take it straight to Sear's and have them check out the charging system. She'll do that this afternoon, unless I give her the name of a better place to take it. Any mechanic recommendation?”

Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 1:25 PM
“Saga continues. I decided she should take the car to the FLAPs to check the charging system (since they sold her the battery without checking). She was able to get someone to come give her a jump. She hooked up the jumper cables (and she's done this before), let the other car charge her battery for a few minutes, then turned the key. Nothing. She disconnected the positive cable from her battery and reconnected the jumper cable directly to the positive connector, had someone turn the key while she was holding the cable to keep it from shorting. Nothing. No click, nothing. She and her fiance just replaced the broken leafspring bolt assembly on the driver's side. Could the two problems be related? Never a dull moment dealing with the fleet.”

Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 4:00 PM
"Heidi's been towed to Nich's family mechanic (McCoy Auto Repair). We'll see what he finds."

Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 2:40 PM
“My embarrassment is monumental. It was an easy fix and one that, honestly, I had thought of, but since I was not there couldn't verify. Drum roll please.............. It needed a new positive battery cable. I know, I know, this is a basic maintenance item. I'm sure it's what killed the previous battery. Lack of maintenance = $$. Thanks to all for the excellent info on what could be wrong and how to check for it. All good background that I've saved for the next time. And with the number of 'vairs I've got, and will have, on the road, there's gonna' be a next time.”

Not really Heidi’s fault, but she’s trying hard to piss off Brianna so much she won’t want to deal with her anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment