Monday, November 30, 2009

CPotD #5 (I Love a Nice Purple Car)


This lovely 1965 Monza convertible is painted one of my favorite colors. Even though the car is extremely desirable, this post is more about its color than the car. Evening Orchid (in Chevy-speak) was their special, one-year only, color for 1965. Pontiacs of that year could also be had in this color if the buyer checked the Iris Mist box.

In addition to the cars in my Corvair fleet, I own a black ’65 Pontiac LeMans convertible that’s patiently waiting to be restored. Because I’ll never be able to get the bodywork perfect enough to repaint in its original, imperfection enhancing color, I threaten to paint it Iris Mist. I say “threaten” because my best friend (next to my lovely wife) gives me flack about Iris Mist being a feminine color. Oh well, living with so many females was bound to have an effect.

This photo is found on Norm Witte’s wonderful website that includes, among other topics, pictures of Corvairs in nearly every color offered for every year. The Corvair community greatly appreciates Norm’s efforts on this project – it’s a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment