Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CPotD (Corvair Photo of the Day)


None of the members of my fleet would anyone consider restored. Heidi was quite nice for a while, but the paint was never perfect (my first paint job). Four years later it’s all washed out. Lucy and Ringo, like Heidi, also have rust issues that desperately need my attention.

With all the work just keeping the fleet on the road, I can always use some inspiration. During my near-daily perusal of the internet, I visit a number of Corvair-related sites, many with photos of beautiful ‘vairs. I’ve decided to steal an idea from my favorite blogger, Chuck Goolsbee, and post a Car Picture of the Day or, in my case, Corvair Picture of the Day. Hope you enjoy.

This first one is my current PC wallpaper. It’s Bob Ralston’s gorgeous ’65 Corsa. I love everything about this car: the lowered stance, the wheels, the paintjob. Credit to Bryan Blackwell and his awesome website for hosting this picture (and many, many others).

3 comments:

  1. anyone know the name of this blue color ? besides light or baby ,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be Mist Blue? http://wittelaw.com/personal/colors/Mist%20Blue%2065.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 1965 Monza that is Blue Mist, its the same.

    ReplyDelete