Friday, January 15, 2010

CPotD #31 (Early Model Modified)


The first hurdle in a NECC time trial event is having your car pass technical inspection. I had used the checklist from NECC’s website, but was still nervous that I’d missed something. The owner and driver of today’s CPotD track car, John Egerton, was the inspector that was responsible for my car at my first time trial at Summit Point. As he and I walked around the car he would shake, push and pull on parts to make sure nothing was loose and I would tighten or remove those articles that he pointed out.

Later in the day, I went over and took a closer look at his track car. It is heavily modified and the modifications really work with John running neck-and-neck with Terry Stafford for the fastest early model at that event.

No comments:

Post a Comment