Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Tweak Shy of Done


Last evening I spent an hour or so trying to unravel Luna’s wiring woes. When last I locked the garage doors, her sockets were empty, but 12 volts was everywhere it should be when it should be except for the left rear brake signal. Individually powering each circuit, I installed the new lightbulbs ensuring illumination. Then it was on to mapping the circuitry. The manual’s wiring diagram was difficult to decipher, so I decided to make my own. After a few minutes of clipping my 12 volt supply to the different terminals of the blinker switch’s mating plug and viewing which light lit up, I had a good idea what the problem was. When I’d bent the contact in the switch to get the left blinker to work, I’d overdone it to the point where the actuator, once installed, pushed on the bent contact preventing it from touching it’s brake circuit mate. Right at this point, I got called into the house, and my Corvair time had ended for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment