Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CPotD #16 (Look Who’s Got The Keys)



My goodness, it’s been two-and-a-half years since Victoria accompanied me to the Corvair Ranch’s 2007 Open House. At that point, Brianna had been driving Heidi for more than a year and Ariel had been behind the wheel of Ringo since Christmas. It was now time for Victoria and I to begin our father-daughter project. First she had to decided what Corvair model she wanted to call her own, and there’s no better place to see every type of Corvair produced than the Corvair Ranch. According to their website, they have over five hundred Corvairs located on the property, most of which are sitting in rows behind the service buildings. So that’s where we headed. We wandered amongst all those relics for over an hour, and after reaching the back fence, I asked her which one she wanted. She pointed to a late-model convertible and said, “One like that.” So we wandered around a little more until we came upon the subject of today’s CPotD. I told Victoria to get in and try it out. “Really?,” she asked. “Just watch out for the snakes,” I replied. After carfully taking a seat, she said, “Hey the key’s here.” I had her hold it up while I snapped the photo.

Well, Victoria didn’t end up with a convertible, but Glinda is turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment