Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CPotD #186 (Someone Went Wacky)


While the condition of this 1963 Monza is far from wacky, the scenario it’s in definitely is. Today I decided to spend my lunch hour wandering the rows of wrecks at Crazy Ray’s in Curtis Bay. I kept my pace brisk as I used my cameraphone to snap photos of anything older than 1975. As I zig-zagged through the yard, I was amazed by how many older vehicles there were. I was scoping for things like seatbelts and wheels that I may have a use for. My walk took me out one side and back the other, and as I neared the front of the yard, I spied their caged collection of “do not touch” cars and trucks. Amongst these couple dozen classics sat today’s CPotD subject. The paint looked relatively new, the chrome on the bumpers and wheel covers appeared unpitted, the interior seemed intact, and I couldn’t see any rust. The fence prevented me from getting any closer.

Who in the world would just junk a perfectly good car? That’s just wacky! I walked into the office and asked them what they wanted for the car. $2500. I’d say that’s a bargain for a ‘vair this solid. It’s got the optional bumper-guards and a 102HP engine with the Powerglide transmission. Here’s their phone number if you want to give them a call (410-354-4800), but don’t’ expect them to fall all over themselves helping you out, but they’ll probably let you know if it’s still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment