Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fingers Crossed

The intent was to empty the tube of windshield sealer into the channels of Glinda’s windshield and backlight. The reality was there was only enough in the tube to do the bottom portion of the windshield. The rest of the sealing was done with high-end silicone RTV. With gloved fingers I smooshed and smeared the sealers, and then reinstalled the trim strips. Wanting to get her roadworthy again, I laid down three layers of the caulk strips around the passenger-side fresh air opening followed by the careful placement of the vent. Then on went the sill strip and she was ready for her commute duties. This weekend, I’ll draft Victoria into helping me test for any leaks I may have missed.

A morale booster was the sight of just two small spots of oil under Glinda’s rearend and no oil on top of the engine. Looks like the JB Weld is doing its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment