Thursday, September 15, 2011
Another evening in the garage and I’m closer to completion. I wire wheeled the window opening to remove residual sealant, bondo, and old paint. It’s down to bare or lightly rusted metal now. I also removed the two fake grill pieces from the panel just aft of the backlight. Underneath those was some rust that also fell prey to the wire wheel. The next step is coating all the exposed metal with two layers of POR-15 and one of Tie-Coat primer and they have to be applied within a specific time frame, so I didn’t have enough evening left to do that task. Instead I cleaned off the trim strips from around the window. I’d like to knock the dents out of these as well, but that is a tedious task I may not choose to devote time to.