Friday, September 30, 2011
Had a bit of a date night with the lovely Loriann, so I limited my time in the garage. I did, however, get Wednesday evening’s body filler sanded down. I took a slightly different approach on the areas in front of the rear wheelwells. These surfaces are made up of compound curves, so rather than using my straight sander, I’ve been working the area by hand. I’ve not been happy with the undulations that still exist, so I cut some PVC pipe sections of different diameters, wrapped them in sandpaper, and used them to work the areas. I got much better results, but it did show that more filler was needed, so that went on in those two areas before I shut out the lights. I feel like I’m very close to the end of bodywork. Tomorrow, I should be able to roll Ringo into the sunshine and scuff the rest of his black paint in preparation for priming.