Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Glinda By The Numbers

  • 42000 – The current mileage
  • 41700 – The mileage she had when we got her
  • 680 – The number of days we owned her before she was officially back on the road
  • 569 – What we currently have invested in her
  • 300 – Estimated hours Victoria and I have spent working on her
  • 170 – The distance, in miles, she went on 10 gallons of gas
  • 150 – The distance, in miles, she went on a quart of oil
  • 140 – What it cost to register and tag her
  • 30 – Clark’s price for seals and gaskets for the most probable oil leak suspects (oil pan, valve covers, pushrod tubes, and rear main seal)
  • 17 – The fuel mileage she got in mixed highway and stop-and-go driving
  • 12 – The estimated number of hours it will take me to replace the aforementioned seals and gaskets
  • 4 – The cost of the oil additive I’m praying greatly diminishes the leaks
  • 2 – The number of times today I had someone tell me my car was on fire (it was just oil dripping onto the exhaust manifolds)
  • 1 – What we paid for her
  • Priceless – The hug and “thank you” I got from Victoria when I told her her car was ready to drive to school

No comments:

Post a Comment