Friday, October 22, 2010

Lucy’s Little Labors

A couple days ago, I noticed that Lucy’s outer right headlight’s lo-beam filament had burned out. It got ignored until last night when I pulled the car into the garage. At this point it would be helpful to explain the headlight scheme for an EM. The outer bulbs have two filaments – lo and hi beam. The inner two bulbs each have a single filament – hi only. Since I’m broke and the failed headlight still has its hi-beam working, I just unplugged the inner bulbs and use hi-beams all the time. Since the bulbs are already pointed down slightly, I won’t be blinding the oncoming traffic. Payday can’t come too soon.

In addition to the headlight issue, she had another issue that needed attending to. I’ve been noticing an occasional clunk in the right front wheel while traversing the wonderful pocked roadways of Baltimore. With the jack under the shock mount, I was able to get a very slight amount of play. I can’t tell if it’s the upper or lower since the play is so small. I’m sure it’ll get worse so I just need to wait. Hopefully, it’s the upper one this time since the lower one is basically new and upper one can be replaced in-place without a special press.

No comments:

Post a Comment