Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Hoard or To Sell

When I was rearranging the garage last week, I uncovered some forgotten parts. With each discovery came the question, “Will I ever use this or should I get rid of it?”

One of the parts is a rare LM radio delete plate. Yeah, I decided, I would use this very rare part someday. When I finally get around to Betty’s roadification, I’d pull the AM radio out, install this plate, and go with my iPod/amplifier setup. Within hours of making that decision, a guy posted a WTB (want to buy) on the CorvairCenter for just this part. Irrr. I really need the money, so I offered it to him and the deal was struck.

When I bought the Rusty Red Corvair a few years ago, it had some EM hubcaps and beauty rings that I think look so awesome. I kept these to put on a car someday. Since Brianna and Ariel chose full wheelcovers for their car, Victoria’s car already has hub caps, and I won’t wait for Mikahaila, they’re up for sale for $100 plus shipping.

Then there are the wire wheel covers that came on Ringo. They’re up for sale - $150 plus shipping.

What else can I sell to make a few bucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment