Monday, October 11, 2010

CPotD #160 (Where Do I Find This Air Cleaner?)


This Motor Monday CPotD includes my highlights from last weekend’s visit to the Hershey swap meet for reasons apparent later. For my wanderings through the hundreds of vendors, I took with me a relatively short shopping list. I was able to find half the items at prices I thought were low enough to warrant hauling the stuff around on my back for hours. Soon after I entered the swap meet area I found a vendor selling unique little tools and ten dollars got me two strong magnets each on their own telescoping shaft, a small adjustable mirror, and a tweezers. My other purchases were a set of speakers with integrated amplifiers and a hubcap for Glinda, an oil pressure gage for Lucy, and a couple of spot weld cutters for my upcoming floor replacement work on Ringo. An item that was on my list, but I couldn’t find was a set of air cleaners that could be clamped onto the Rochester 1-barrel carb. I was hoping to score four of them to get my 4-carb conversion of Lucy’s engine back on track. I’ve been stalled since I don’t have the linkages or an air cleaner.

That brings me to today’s CPotD. Saturday Dean Gemberling posted some photos of his nice LM engine on the CorvairCenter forum, and I snagged one of them that shows his PCV feeding back into the right-side carb. I’ve sent him a message asking him about his setup, so hopefully I’ll get a good source for the air cleaners back from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment