Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It Sucks Being Financially Challenged

So I’ve got this quandary. I can make new floorpans for Ringo or I can buy ones off eBay or I can get the correctly reproduced pans from Clarks. The make-my-own choice would be the cheapest material-wise (~$50), but I just don’t have the tools to do the job properly and buying the right size break and shear would be $400. The eBay pans are going for about $130 for the set of four pieces after shipping, but I’ve heard these don’t fit quite right. Obviously if money were not a factor, the best choice would be to go with the ones from Clarks. But since money IS the most intrusive member of my TTT, and the Clarks parts would cost me about $375 after shipping, it looks like I can’t support my Corvair vendor.

And that makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment