Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Toothless Grin


Since I was busy working on Loriann’s car last night, I didn’t get a chance to take pictures of the work I’d done on Lucy the night before. So this morning I snapped this photo with my cellphone. With the smile-shaped opening, it looks like Lucy is flashing a toothless grin. Note: don’t get me started on the whole “front of the car must look like a face and be anatomically correct” thing.

This image also reminds me of what certain customizers have done to their ‘vairs when they’ve converted them to water pumper power. The typical V6 or V8 installation requires a radiator with the associated body openings for cooling air inlet and exhaust. Most of the time the radiator is placed in the trunk so the inlet opening is in the front valance area just like Lucy’s current condition.

Now I just need a couple evenings to form patches and weld them on. Since I’ve got the metal to do the work and the one bay of the garage is still open, I’m only fighting one of the TTTs (see sidebar).

No comments:

Post a Comment