Friday, March 26, 2010

The Clunk’s From Somewhere

The last week or so I’ve noticed a clunk sound coming from the right front wheel area when going over bumps. The other night, when I was lubing the front suspension, I couldn’t find any looseness. Last night, however, I pushed and pulled on the right front wheel and could feel a little slop. I’m guessing it’s the upper balljoint since the lower one was replaced only a year ago. Finding which part it is will require two people – one to lie on their back staring at balljoints and the other to push and pull on the wheel. Oh Victoria? I really need to get to the bottom of this and get the failing part replaced soon. The NECC tech inspector will not allow any suspension slop, and I don’t want to get to the track only to be rejected at inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment