Wednesday, March 3, 2010

CPotD #56 (Rotisserie Envy)


As I steel myself for the unenviable job of lying on the cold garage floor with bits of rust falling in my eyes, I find that a rotisserie has made its way up my list of tools I really wish I had. Today’s CPotD was lifted from this Hemmings.com page documenting the restoration of Kent Sullivan’s ’66 Corsa convertible.

A couple years ago I'd read some articles about building your own rotisserie from two engine stands and some square tubing. It required some welding, so I never gave it much thought at the time. Now that I have a welder that dream could become a reality. Harbor Freight’s current price is $60 for a one-thousand pound stand. I’m sure it’ll go on sale for much less someday, and when it does, I may have to pull the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment